F & Q

What grade do I have to be in to participate?
You are eligible if you have completed 11th grade by the start of program.

If I am graduating from high school in the summer of 2014, am I eligible to participate in this program?
Yes, students who are currently enroll in 12th grade are eligible for the International Pre-Collegiate program.

What else is required as part of my application?
In addition to the online application, you must submit an official transcript of all your high school course work (through the fall semester preceding your application) and letter of recommendations from your high school teacher and counselor.

Who can write my letter of recommendation?
Your letter should be written by someone who knows your academic background and progress, usually a teacher (preferably someone in the area of your summer course of study) or a counselor.

Is there a form or template for the letter of recommendation?
No. Usually the teacher or counselor will know what details to include.

How do I send my transcript and letter?
Please email your transcript and letters to us. No paper materials will be required unless you receive specific request from us.

How much does the International Pre-Collegiate program cost?
Please refer to our payment details.

When do I pay my fees?
Please refer to our payment policy.

Is scholarship available?
No. we do not offer any scholarships during the summer.

When will I find out if I was accepted to the program?
We review applications in the order they are received. We will update you with your application status within 5 business days of your application date.

Do the units I earn from the credit program apply to my high school GPA?

Because these are college courses/units, as a rule, these courses do not apply towards your high school requirements, AP credit, or GPA. For the most accurate answer, check with your school’s college counselor. Upon successful completion of your course(s), you will receive college credit from SFSU, which you can submit when you are completing college applications.

Where will I live during the program?
You will live in a dormitory with other IPCP students. There will also be residence advisors there to supervise students and handle any disagreements that may come up. We will also have staff living nearby the dormitory.

Will you have "light-out" policy?
Yes, our staff will live nearby the dormitory and will do roll-call every single night at around 9:00 PM.

Who should I contact in the case of emergency?
If you are in the dormitory, you should contact the RA first, then our staff living nearby. If you are out of the dormitory, you should contact our staff directly.